Spring break is just around the corner and after a long, frigid winter everyone is eager to get out of the cold! Feel healthy and confident this year by sticking to your fitness goals, even while on vacation. After all, you don’t let all your hard work go to waste by overindulging. Stay on track with your fitness journey by following these simple travel workout tips.
1. Bring your exercise clothes– Travel workout tips #1, bring your workout clothes and shoes! This is an obvious but essential step to staying on the top of your game. Being comfortable and ready to move is the first step to staying in shape while on vacation. After all, no one is going to want to exercise in jeans!
2. Plan an active trip– Incorporate exercise into your vacation! From skiing to snorkelling plan activities that keep you and your family moving! The exercise doesn’t have to be rigorous, focus on creating situations that allow you to stretch your legs and get your heart pumping. These activities are a lot of fun and will leave you feeling great!
3. Pack small workout accessories– You’ll probably want to leave your kettlebell at home (especially if you’re travelling by air)! But there’s no reason you can’t pack a couple of lightweight fitness bands into your luggage. These are easy to store and ideal for hotel room workouts. Not sure where to begin? Here are a few exercises to get you started!
4. Develop an arsenal of bodyweight workouts– Head outside or to your nearest park and engage in a bodyweight workout. There is a lot you can do simply using your body weight and gravity. From push-ups to lunges and squats, the possibilities are endless!
5. Get the entire family involved– Working out can be a lot more fun if you have a someone to do it with. Spend some quality time with the family engaging in exercise! Take a hike, go for a swim or check out a local park!
6. Experience your destination through exercise– Skip the Uber this vacation and hit the pavement. In addition to getting some exercise, it is a great way to experience a new destination. Consider going on a walking tour or renting a bike for efficient travel.
7. Choose a hotel with a gym– If you’re wanting to weight train on vacation, opt for a hotel that offers a gym! There is no shame on wanting to hit the gym during vacation, especially if it is an extended trip. Stay on top of your gains by engaging in a morning workout.
8. Choose a healthy option– Dieting while travelling can be tough. No one wants to feel restricted or like they’re missing out on a once in a lifetime meal. Dieting on vacation doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply try to choose the healthy option! If you have the choice between two amazing dishes, get the one that is in line with your diet! And if you are staying active you should have to problem indulging every now and then.
What are your top travel workout tips?