We’ve all heard that sitting is the new smoking. Sitting can be related to afflictions like soreness, weight gain and weak bones. The standing desk is the first step in moving away from the standard sitting desk. Now they’ve taken that concept one step further with the treadmill desk.
Even standing in one place for extended periods of time can become hard on the body. Adding movement can stretch muscles, burn calories, and keep motivation and creativity flowing.
The InMovement TreadMill Desk leverages 40 years of quality and biomechanics excellence from the industry-leaders at Life Fitness. Integrating simple movement into the workday increases productivity, boosts metabolism and encourages healthy behavior while preventing the risks of prolonged sitting. Designed to complement the workplace in form and function, the TreadMill Desk is equipped with a silent motor, speeds that are optimal for walking while working, and a sturdy design ideal for community or individual use.
Here are some of the key features that make the InMovement TreadMill Desk the best in its class.
- The connectivity panel makes it easy to power most devices with AC power hookups, USB docks and an Ethernet connection, while integrated cable management ensures a clean workspace without being tethered to a wall outlet.
- Life Fitness’s FlexDeck® shock absorption system reduces joint impact by nearly 30% making walking easy and comfortable.
- Advanced safety features, such as responsive stopping time and convenient pause button ensure users security.
- Adjustable desk surface for a wide range of user heights (from 5’0″ to 6’4″), plus expanded foot rails.
- The InMovement TreadMill Desk is the only treadmill desk available with a designated pause button so you can maintain your progress when you need a break.
- Quality engineering and treadmill knowledge leveraged from Life Fitness has provided the InMovement TreadMill Desk with the quickest stopping time on market, ensuring safety and efficiency.
- Energy saver mode ensures efficient use of electrical power.
- The backlit LED control panel is conveniently located in an ergonomic position and does not interfere with the user while he or she works.
- Includes employee introduction kit to encourage use and educate employees on the benefits of walking while
Get the InMovement edge, here are the advantages you can reap from ditching the chair and opting for a TreadMill Desk. Walking helps you burn 3X more calories compared to sitting. Standing and walking boost productivity and creativity. Additionally, most new users experience no loss in productivity once accustomed to the product.
However, you can have too much of a good thing. Just like sitting for 8 hours straight isn’t great, neither is walking for 8 hours straight. Give yourself a break and alternate between sitting, standing and walking, it will keep you and your work moving forward.