There’s no doubt that exercise is an essential part of healthy aging. Incorporating 30 minutes of exercise into your day, several times a week can significantly improve physical and mental health.
Exercise can increase energy levels, promote independence, maintain heart health and manage symptoms related to illness and weight. Exercise is not only good for your body but is beneficial for your mind. It can elevate your mood and keep your memory sharp.
As you age, muscle loss increases. Exercise, specifically resistance workouts, can help build and retain muscle mass and strength. No matter your age or your current physical condition, it’s never too late to start exercising.
SCIFIT equipment provides opportunities for people of all ages to live freely and stay moving. Their equipment is unintimidating, easy to use and features simple movements to improve functional health and promote independence. Their equipment and programs help improve the strength, agility, balance, flexibility, endurance and motor control needed to make daily living easier. These improvements can reduce the risk of slips, trips and falls, and may help speed recovery from injuries.
Here are 8 great reasons for you to work on your upper body strength:
- Enhance Daily Activities – The shoulder joint has a greater range of motion capability than any other joint in your body. Flexibility is important because it enables your arms to perform all kinds of activities such as pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting.
- Improve Core Strength and Stability – The upper body rotary motion fires core stabilizing muscles, strengthening the abdominal and back muscles.
- Move in Both Directions – Bi-directional resistance allows the user to exercise in both forward and reverse. It aids recruitment of reciprocal muscle groups and reduces the risk of injury from muscle imbalance. It also decreases localized fatigue, resulting in the ability to prolong the exercise.
- Strength Train Safely – In addition to cardiovascular work, SCIFIT’s Upper Body Exercisers feature a safe, simple strength program. This Iso-Strength program is perfect for anyone, who does not like, or does not have time for traditional strength training.
- Warm Up Efficiently – Five minutes on an upper body exerciser, changing directions every 30 seconds warms up and prepares the shoulders, elbows, wrists, chest, back and neck for exercise.
- Cross Train – Cross training with upper body exercise increases overall efficiency, power and endurance as well as decreases the risk of injury.
- Stay Fit While Recovering from Injury – Upper body exercise provides a way to stay fit while recovering from a lower-body injury or surgery such as ACL and total hip and knee replacements. It is also a good option for those suffering a debilitating condition or paralysis.
- Boost Performance – From the professional athlete to the weekend warrior, adding upper body cardio conditioning to a workout routine can improve overall performance.
SCIFIT helps to promote exercise for people of all ages and fitness levels by creating products that are extremely user-friendly. Their goal is to keep people moving to maintain and improve health. Here at Apple Fitness Store love their ideology and trust their products.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.