One of the best things you can do for your body is exercise! When life gets busy it can be difficult to stick with a fitness routine. Put your personal health first by investing in home gym equipment. A home gym is a great option for people with hectic schedules, it means no excuses!
Creating a workout space may seem like a daunting task. When creating your dream home gym, we suggest investing in timeless pieces of versatile equipment. Below we outline some of our top picks for creating an effective home gym. Investing in several basics builds a solid foundation that you can enjoy for years to come.
1. Cardio Machine– Whether you are trying to lose weight or develop lean muscle, there is a cardio machine for you! Available space and personal preference will be major factors in deciding which machine you choose. Some of the most popular options include treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines and indoor cycles!
Even if you’re not a major fan of cardio the benefits are undeniable. The American College of Sports Medicine suggests you engage in 30 minutes of moderate cardio five times per week for optimal health. Investing in a cardio machine for your home is a foolproof way to ensure you don’t miss a workout!
2. Dumbbells– Dumbbells are a highly-versatile, home gym essential. They are used in countless strength and conditioning exercises, which allows you to customize your workout. It’s up to you whether you choose to invest in several different weighted sets or opt for the space-saving Power Block.
3. Gym Mat– A comfortable gym mat makes all the difference when it comes to floor workouts (they’re great for stretching too)! They protect your knees, elbows, back and tailbone! Mats not only protect your body from a harsh floor, but they protect your floor from sweat! A wipeable mat makes for easy cleanup. Make your core workouts a little more enjoyable by investing in a durable, high-quality mat.
4. Weight Bench– Whether you’re exercising your upper body, lower body or core, a weight bench can help you get a better workout. Owning a weight bench and a set of dumbbells will allow you to complete a huge variety of workouts in your home gym. When purchasing a weight bench, opt for one that is adjustable like the G7 Bench! This will allow you to execute a wider variety of exercises.
5. Mirror– This gym essential is often overlooked when designing a home gym. A large mirror makes our list because it is vital to ensure you’re exercising with proper form. The proper form allows you to build muscle while avoiding pesky injuries. This simple addition will greatly improve the way you exercise.
Investing in these key pieces of equipment will give you a solid foundation for your home gym. There are many other amazing accessories that didn’t make our list. These honourable mentions include a foam roller, resistance band, jump rope and exercise/BOSU ball! What home gym essentials could you not live without?