We’ve all heard it before; cardio is vital to our overall health and wellbeing. Not only does it keep our heart, lungs and muscles healthy, but it improves our mental health. Researchers even recommend that the average adult gets a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate exercise per week. One way to reach this goal is by investing in a cardio exercise machine for your home. Investing in aerobic equipment helps you eliminate excuses and overcome roadblocks that keep you from exercising!
So, if we know it’s an essential aspect of a healthy lifestyle then why is it so hard to motivate ourselves to get moving!? Today we are going to talk about how to stay motivated during workouts and look at some of our favourite tools that help us keep our eye on the prize. If you struggle to stay motivated during your cardio workouts, you must try these 7 game-changing tips:
1. Set a goal: Setting a goal is the first step to staying motivated. Why are you working out? What are your fitness goals? Are you training to run a 5k? Are you working on your heart health? Whatever your reason is for working out, keep that goal at the forefront of your mind! We recommend writing it down so you can track your progress.
Don’t overwhelm yourself by creating goals that are too big or out of reach. Focus on small, incremental goals that are attainable! Once you start hitting your goals, you will be motivated to keep going.
2. Get a workout buddy: Working out with a friend is a fantastic way to keep motivation levels high. It makes working out fun and helps to hold you accountable! Try taking a spin class with a friend or joining a sporting league.
3. Utilize apps: You don’t have to do it alone, try out some of the fantastic fitness apps that are available to you. Apps such as RunSocial, are designed to take your indoor cardio workouts to the next level with HD video running routes from around the world! It’s difficult to get bored when you’re exploring the globe!
4. Invest in a quality console: Consoles can make all the difference when it comes to motivating yourself to workout. Look for a console that provides programming and entertainment, it can be a real lifesaver! For example, the Life Fitness Discover Console offers the ultimate in entertainment by featuring TV, internet, fitness app compatibility and more!
5. Incorporate strength training: Try hopping off your cardio machine to engage in some bodyweight exercises. Try pushups, pull ups, squats or lunges. The possibilities are endless. You’ll also get the bonus of strengthening your muscles.
6. Create a killer playlist: Distract yourself with some motivating beats. Your cardio workout is a great time to catch up on the latest music you’ve been meaning to listen too. Listening to tunes will keep you in the zone while fighting boredom and fatigue.
7. Try interval training: Interval training is a fantastic way to increase your calorie burn while keeping your mind busy! If steady state cardio is not for you, try incorporating intervals. Changing your speed will keep your muscles and your mind guessing. Additionally, try changing the intensity or incline of your workout for added difficulty.
How do you stay motivated during your cardio workouts?